Criteria for participants
Clinks Care Farm placements are suitable for people with a variety of needs and backgrounds such as mental health problems, learning difficulties, brain injuries, autistic spectrum disorders or dementia. An educational referral for 11 – 18 year olds from educational provider will act as part of a student’s educational plan.
Students can be referred if they are:
- Year 10 onwards
- Have a risk assessment
- Have an educational plan in place
- Able to work alongside support staff and follow guidance
- Able to move around the farm safely
- Able to access funding for a placement
- Keen to work outdoors
A referral is not appropriate for those:
- Students with severe mobility problems
- Students who are not allowed to work alongside vulnerable people/young people because of past behaviour/offences committed
- Students whose challenging behaviour would pose a risk in a farm environment or to other people, even with 1:1 support
You can help support the work we do…
We are a non-profit social enterprise that aims to provide the best in education and care in a working farm environment.
If you wish to help support us then please consider donating or becoming a Friend of Clinks Care Farm.