- 4 medium sized carrots, diced
- 2 medium sized potatoes, diced
- 4 mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 2 large-ish tomatoes (or a handful of smaller ones) sliced
- 3 medium eggs
- 180ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- Herbs and spices of your choice, for example paprika and some chili
- 40g hard cheese of your choice, grated
- Knob of butter
- Put the diced carrots and potatoes in a pan covered with water. Bring to the boil then simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Whilst simmering, beat the eggs, milk, seasoning, herbs and spices together.
- Use the knob of butter to lightly grease a baking tin.
- Drain the carrots and potatoes and tip them into the tin.
- Add the mushrooms and mix together.
- Pour over the egg mix.
- Place the slices of tomato over the top and finish off with the grated cheese and perhaps another grind of black pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Serve with seasonal green veggies, salad, crusty bread or even delicious local sausages!