Prep time: 15 minutes, cooking time 40 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ sweet onion
- ½ bunch chard
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry the chard. Cut off the very ends of the stems. Roughly chop (leaving stems intact) the chard.
- Add onion and Chard to the oil and sauté until stems are tender (do not overcook). Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, grate 2.5 cups of cheese. Use whatever varieties you want/have, such as Swiss, Cheddar and Parmesan.
- Whisk eggs. Add milk and cheese. Fold in the onion/chard mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Pour into a pie dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and no liquid seeps when you poke it with a knife.
- Serve with a salad.