- 8ozs (250g) pasta, preferably shells or similar shape
- 6 sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 tbs good olive oil
- ½ dried red chilli, finely chopped
- 812 oz (250g – 350g) courgettes, coarsely grated
- Large handful basil, ripped
- 4tbs grated parmesan
- This only takes 10-12 minutes so place the pasta into boiling salted water & meanwhile slice thinly the sundried tomatoes & sauté gently for 3 – 4 minutes. Add the chilli & the garlic & cook for another minute. Add the grated courgette to the oil mixture & cook for 5 minutes. Season generously with salt & pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked drain, stir in the sauce & mix well. Add the basil & serve with grated parmesan on top.
- You can add more chilli if you like & mix coriander with the basil for a slightly different flavour.
- If you don’t have fresh basil, use the dried version. The sundried tomatoes can be substituted by fresh tomatoes but it will change the flavour of the sauce.