Serves 6 as a side
- 2 small cauliflowers (each about 500g), outer leaves removed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sumac (A spice. You will find this in the oriental section in many supermarkets.)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Lemon juice
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5. Drizzle the cauliflowers liberally with oil, scatter with salt and sprinkle over the sumac and cumin.
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, but turn the temperature down if the cauliflowers start to get too dark. They’re cooked when they’re lightly browned and an inserted skewer meets with just a little resistance.
- Before serving, drizzle again with good quality olive oil and a fair squeeze of lemon, then scatter with parsley and a little more salt.