Produce Worker – 34 hours/week pro rata
Mon – Wed and Fri. Occasional Saturdays in lieu.
Pay: Living wage for age group
Clinks Care Farm Ltd is a social enterprise growing and rearing produce for the local market and supporting disadvantaged people living in the Waveney Valley and surrounding area. The care farm uses the land and its environment to provide therapeutic placements and meaningful activities.
Clinks Care Farm has expanded its sustainably grown vegetable produce and has a busy Veg box scheme, Farm Shop and fulfils orders to an increasing range of outlets.
The role of the Produce Worker is to pick, prepare and store seasonal produce, whilst maintaining quality control and consistency. They will assist with the preparation of veg boxes and orders for our sales outlets. They will work alongside and provide guidance and supervision to volunteers and other team members.
The produce worker will report directly to the Produce Sales Co-ordinator and the managers of Clinks Care Farm Ltd.
This position will start immediately after appointment until 30/10/2020.
- To harvest produce from the fields and polytunnels. This will involve several hours of picking every day in variable weather conditions. The successful applicant will need to be able to work at speed after the initial induction period.
- To assist and supervise the volunteers and other team members who help with the produce. This will involve maintaining consistent quality standards whilst working with our inclusive teams.
- To prepare produce to order for the veg box scheme, farm shop and outside sales.
- To work closely with the market garden team to organise the efficient harvest of produce.
- To assist the Produce Sales Co-ordinator to develop systems and processes to ensure efficiency and quality control in the harvest and preparation of produce.
- To work in a well-ordered manner, using good time management and work independently.
- To be able to work as part of a busy team, maintaining good communication.
- To participate in training identified through appraisal and supervision process.
- To follow food safety regulations and to adhere to Health and Safety guidelines.
- To adhere to Clinks Care Farm Ltd. policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, Working with Vulnerable Adults and Equal Opportunities.
- To carry out any related duties as and when required.
PRODUCE WORKER: PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Able to carry out physically demanding tasks and work outdoors in all weather conditions. This post will require the worker to be manually picking vegetables for several hours each day.
- Experience of working with fresh produce
- A commitment to local good quality food and an interest in growing vegetables.
- A responsible person who has experience of working as part of a busy team.
- Experience/ability to instruct others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team and to contribute to the aims of Clinks Care Farm.
- Willingness to learn and undertake training.
- Awareness of and ability to adhere Health & Safety regulations.
- Ability to travel to workplace without dependence on public transport (no public transport available to get to work at the start time)
Willingness to work occasional Saturdays for time off in lieu.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Food hygiene certificate
To apply for this post, please send an up to date CV plus a brief outline of why you feel you will be able to fulfil the duties of this post.
All applications, enquiries and communication need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm Sunday 2nd August 2020
No enquiries will be responded to from social media or other forms of communications.
Clinks Care farm, Clinks Farm, Church Road Toft Monks, Beccles, Norfolk NR34 0ET
You can help support the work we do…
We are a non-profit social enterprise that aims to provide the best in education and care in a working farm environment.
If you wish to help support us then please consider donating or becoming a Friend of Clinks Care Farm.