- 2 fennel 2 Tbsp (or more) of Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (or more) balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). cut the stalks off the fennel bulbs, halve lengthwise, then cut lengthwise in 1-inch thick wedges
- Place the fennel wedges in a bowl and toss them with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil, just enough to coat them. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, again just enough to coat.
- Line a roasting pan or baking dish with aluminum foil brushed with olive oil. Arrange the fennel wedges on the pan and roast them for 40 minutes or until the fennel wedges are cooked through and beginning to caramelise at the edges.